Check out Satyendranath bosu biography, profile, birthday, family, wiki and some lesser known facts about his contribution to Indian freedom struggle
Satyendranath bosu biography
- Name- Satyendranath bosu
- Known for- Contribution to Indian freedom struggle
- Important dates
- Birthday- 30 July 1882
- Obit day- 21 November 1908
- Important places
- Place of birth- Midnapore, Bengal, (British India)
- Obit place- Alipore Jail, Calcutta (British India)
- Institutions- Calcutta university
- Educational qualifications- Bachelor of Arts
- Father- Abhaya Charan Bosu
- Mother- NA
- Siblings- Jnanendra Nath, Satyendra Nath, Bhupendra Nath, Subodh Kumar
- Spouse- NA
- Children- NA
Lesser known facts
- Satyendranath bosu was actually the maternal uncle of Shri Aurobindo but he was ten year younger to him.
- He successfully qualified the examinations and joined the Calcutta university for his bachelor of arts degree. He eventually ended up not going for his BA Exam. Satyendranath bosu left his college and joined Midnapur Collectorate where he served for close to a year.
- He was arrested by british police on the charge of gun possession. This gun was licensed with his brother’s name. For this crime he was sentenced to 2 months’ imprisonment.
- After Muzaffarpur bomb attack in April 2008 which was aimed to kill Kingsford, british police arrested many revolutionaries. There were 33 people arrested who were charged by the governement.
- One of the revolutionaries had actually become an approver for the british. Thats when the freedom fighters decided to kill him in retaliation. To lure the approver, they arranged to meet him at the Hospital. Kanailal Dutta and Satyendranath Bosu were also in the hospital at the same time and they had been able to acquire weapons secretly. The approver was shot in several places and shot fatally by Kanailal Dutta who pursued him.
- High Court gave the judgment and gave him a death sentence. He was executed by the government on 21st Nov 1908.