Check out Harnam singh saini biography, profile, birthday, family, wiki and some lesser known facts about his contribution to Indian freedom struggle
Harnam singh saini biography
- Name- Harnam singh saini
- Known for- Contribution to Indian freedom struggle, Ghadar conspiracy
- Important dates
- Birthday- NA
- Obit day- 16 March 1917
- Important places
- Place of birth- Fategarh, Hoshiarpur (Punjab)
- Obit place- Lahore (British India)
- Institutions- NA
- Educational qualifications- NA
- Father- Gopal Saini
- Mother- NA
- Siblings- NA
- Spouse- NA
- Children- NA
Lesser known facts
- Harnam Singh saini had visited Canada and United States of America. These countries were the hotbed of Ghadar Conspiracy. He had became an active member in the Ghadar Party as well.
- Although he had gone to Canada for business, he actually started with publishing of a newsletter called ‘The Hindustan’ since he was a very prolific writer. In fact, the government in Canada issued an ultimatum asking him to leave Canada within 2 days. The charges against him said that his newsletter was disrupting peace and providing instructions on activities like bombmaking.
- When Harnam Singh Saini was trying to come back to India for Ghadar mutiny, he was arrested in a Dutch colony named Batavia. Although, there was no evidence on him for any conspiracy, the Dutch authorities handed him to Singapore police based on the request of british government. He was taken to Calcutta from Singapore and later to Lahore.
- He was also tried under Lahore Conspiracy Cases with four other Ghadar members. Harnam singh saini was charged with sedition and sentenced to death and was executed by the authorities on 16th March 1917.