Check out Captain Vikram Batra biography, birthday, age, family, wiki and some lesser known facts about his contribution to Indian victory in Kargil war in 1999.
- Name- Captain Vikram Batra
- Known for- Recipient of Param Vir Chakra (Awarded posthumously)
- Contribution- Fought bravely against Pakistan’s Army in Kargil War (1999)
- Sher Shah
- Unit- 13 JAK Rifles
- Important dates
- Birth- 9th September, 1974
- Death- 7th July, 1999
- Important places
- Place of Birth- Palampur, Himanchal Pradesh
- Place of Death- Point 4875, Kargil, Jammu & Kashmir
- DAV Public School, Palampur – Middle School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Palampur – Senior Secondary
- DAV College, Chandigarh – B.Sc in Medical Sciences
- Educational qualifications- Graduate
Lesser known facts
- Vikram batra not only excelled in studies but was a keen sportsman too. He played Table tennis and Karate. He even participated in Table Tennis doubles with his twin brother Vishal at KVS National level tournament. He was also a Karate Green Belt holder and attended National level Karate camp in Manali.
- During college days, he joined National Cadet Core (NCC) and was adjudged best NCC Air Wing Cadet in the entire Punjab Directorate.
- He also underwent commando course training in Belgaum, Karnataka and was awarded the highest grading possible.
- Captain Vikram Batra and his company was instrumental in the capture of Point 5140 after which he was promoted to the rank of Captain by the then general Ved Prakash Malik.
- He often used slogan “Yeh Dil Maange More” which was also the war cry of his company to indicate mission success.
- Vikram Batra died while capturing Point 4875 and later this point was renamed to “Batra Top” in honor of this befallen hero.
- The Service selection center in Allahabad where captain Batra interviewed for his selection into CDS has been renamed as “Vikram Batra block”.