Important events from Indian history that happened on 9 April – Birthdays, Death anniversaries and other events which affected India’s future
9 April – Birthdays
- Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan – Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan is one of the finest actresses of Hindi film industry. She made her debut as a teenager in 1963 and went on to win 8 Filmfare Awards under different categories. She married megastar Amitabh Bachchan in the year 1973 and restricted her work in movies after that. She started her career in politics as a member of “Samajwadi Party” and represented the party as a member of parliament (MP) in Rajya Sabha from March 2006 till date.
- Jairam Ramesh – An Indian politician and economist, Jairam Ramesh has been associated with Indian National Congress (INC) for over 2 decades. He is a Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha from Andhra Pradesh since 2004. Jairam Ramesh was born on April 9th, 1954 in Chikmanglur, Karnataka.
- Rahul Sankrityayan – He was one of the leading figures in the field of Hindi Literature. Rahul Sankrityayan is often credited with giving travelogues a “Literature Form”. He travelled for 45 years away from home capturing his experiences. He is referred as “MahaPandit” (greatest Scholar) and “Father of Hindi Travelogues”.
9 April – Death anniversaries
- Shakti Samanta – Shakti Samanta was a renowned film producer and director in Bollywood. He went on to establish “Shakti films” in 1957 which was a famous studio known for Bollywood blockbusters such as “Howrah Bridge”, “China Town”, “Kashmir Ki Kali” among others.
9 April – Important Events
- On this day, Tipu Sultan fought with the British and drove them out of Badnore. The battle was part of the Second Anglo-Mysore war which was started by Tipu’s father Hyder Ali who died during the course of the battle.