Important events from Indian history that happened on 15 March – Birthdays, Death anniversaries and other events which affected India’s future
15 March – Birthdays
- Birth anniversary of Indian politician Kanshi Ram who was also a social reformer and activist. He worked for the betterment of people at the bottom of the pyramid who were considered untouchable under the Indian caste system. He found several organisations to achieve this and included DS4 and Bahujan Samajwadi Party. He later transferred the leadership of Persian Samajwadi Party Mayawati who served as the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh as well.
- Birthday of Sunetra Gupta who is a novelist and a professor of epidemiology at Oxford University. She has written several novels and has been awarded Sahitya Academy Award for her contribution to Indian literature.
- Birthday of actress Alia Bhatt who is one of the highest paid actresses in Indian Film Industry and has also received Filmfare Awards.
- Birth anniversary of Guru Hanuman- Guru Hanuman birth name was Vijay Pal. He was one of the most legendary coaches of wrestling in India and was responsible for coaching some of the most successful wrestlers who brought several laurels for India on international stage. For his contribution he was awarded the civilian honour of Padma shri in 1983 and Dronacharya Award in 1987. The Guru Hanuman Akhada has been responsible for training some of the best known wrestlers from India including Dara Singh, Guru Satpal, Sushil Kumar and Virender Singh.
15 March – Death anniversaries
- Death anniversary of Radha Krishna Chaudhary who was historian and an author. He contributed immensely to historical and archaeological studies along with Maithili literature. He was originally from Bihar.
- Death anniversary of kallam Anji Reddy who was the founder chairman of Doctor Reddy’s Laboratories
- Death anniversary of Narayan Desai who was a Gandhinian and an Indian author. He was rewarded with Sahitya Academy Award and the jamnalal Bajaj award for his contribution to Indian literature.
- Death anniversary of Rahi Masoom Raza who was an Urdu poet. He was a lyricist for Hindi movies and also won a Filmfare Award.